Employers may get hundreds of CV’s to view every month. So how can you stand out from the crowd and get noticed? It’s important to stand out, otherwise your chances will be slim in being successful. Follow these simple tips and be noticed.
- Research what your employer wants – Think about what the employer is looking for in you and make your most significant skills and experiences clear in your CV as early as possible.
- Match your skills to the job – Reflect on the job offer, to make it easy for an employer to match your skills with what they are looking for. That way you are also prepared for when asked questions about your skills and/or experience.
- Keep it concise – Provide relevant, and detailed information about your experiences that make you a good fit for the role. Tons of information will turn the employer off.
- Check many, many times – Spell check and carefully proofread your CV. Even the smallest mistakes could make the employer think you are not thoughtful. And will result in time waste, and rejection.
- Find help – There is absolutely no problem in asking someone for help with your CV. Asking a friend, or family member to proofread is always a good idea as well. There are many more things that you need to add to your CV to make it stand out. At CV&Coffee we provide CV writing and optimisation, to get your CV looking professional, and to make it stand out to employers. Contact us or click here to find out more.