Job Title: VAT Compliance Associate Italian speaking
Location: London (remote working)
Contract & Salary: Permanent, part-time role (with a later option for full time) – up to £22.000 depending on experience.
Our client is a global company specialising in tax and legal services for the e-commerce industry. The company was established in 2012 to provide one-stop-shop compliance services for VAT on distance selling and environmental regulations on e-commerce packaging in all the European jurisdictions. It has subsequently widened its tax activities, which now range from trade and customs compliance to WEEE regulations. From 2014, the company also provides legal services specifically tailored for the digital sector.
We currently have an opportunity for a new UK-based candidate to help our client’s team in managing the VAT duties of an outstanding portfolio of e-commerce clients in multiple EU countries.
This a remote-work, part-time position. However, meetings and retreats with other team members will be organized periodically. After a one-year period, we will both decide whether a full-time engagement is a more appropriate solution to move forward.
Under the constant supervision and training of our EU VAT manager, the position will also involve these activities:
- Assessing whether a client needs VAT registration in a specific country;
- Preparing and submitting documents for VAT identification of clients in various European countries;
- Drafting and filing VAT returns, EC sales and Intrastat in a precise and timely manner;
- Answering VAT enquiries from clients in the fashion, interior design and food industries (for instance, with respect to invoicing, bookkeeping, applicable VAT rates, etc.);
- Interacting with local agents and tax authorities in multiple jurisdictions;
- Supporting e-commerce clients in complying with packaging tariff regulations in various European countries.
A proactive, entrepreneurial applicant will be glad to learn that additional activities may relate more to public relations or business development:
- Involvement in e-commerce fairs and expos around Europe;
- Writing contributions on the latest legal and tax developments for the digital industry on journals, blogs, position papers;
- Attending meetings with HMRC and with European Union institutions regarding the latest developments of domestic and international tax policies.
Relevant Education/Experience Required:
- A minimum 3-year experience as an accountant, (tax) lawyer or analyst in a corporate environment.
- Fluent knowledge of the English and Italian languages.
If you are interested in this job, please apply ASAP via the form below or send you CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org