Job Title: Research Analyst
Salary: Competitive, Full-Time permanent contract
Our client is an independent firm that offers professional investors a range of investment services to effectively deploy capital at scale targeting a combination of financial, social and environmental returns across asset classes. Starting in 2008, the company focuses on impact and sustainable investments in developed and developing countries in six key sectors: financial services, climate change, food, healthcare, housing, and education.
The investment team provides private banks and asset owners in the EU with investment strategies, model portfolios, managed accounts, and advisory solutions across asset classes including liquid ESG funds, private debt/equity impact funds, publicly traded equities, and thematic bonds.
We are seeking a highly motivated investment professional with strong interest in supporting the growth of our ESG and impact investing research and investments division.
As a Research Analyst you will predominantly perform diverse analytical duties requiring confidentiality, a strong work ethic and common-sense. Tasks will vary from day to day depending on the business covered and all applicants should have a solid background in finance and economics combined with flexibility given the demanding nature of this role.
- Participate in the multi-asset and manager selection process, including due diligence and calls with new and existing investments, including both direct investments and funds
- Prepare investment memos for recommendations to the Investment Committee, minutes and follow up documents
- Analyze and present to the senior team opportunities and risks inherent in potential ESG and impact investments across specific sectors, markets and asset classes
- Regularly monitor the financial and ESG performance, risk profile, and news related to existing investments and portfolios
- Maintain and develop the company’s investment databases of funds, thematic bonds and equities comprising both financial and ESG / Impact metrics
- Contribute to a range of group-wide initiatives including various research publications, commentaries, client-related activities and events, and other business development initiatives
- Support the investment and research team in all the other aspects of the day to day business.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in asset management or ESG research
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, including a high level of proficiency in market data applications such as Excel, Bloomberg
- Master’s degree or advanced masters (MBA, MPP, MPA) preferable
- CFA studies are a plus
- Languages: Excellent English. Italian or another European language a plus.
If you have the required skills, please send us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or via the form below. Please make sure you have thoroughly read the job description and can easily prove to possess the required skills.