Job Title: IBA Reconciliation Clerk – Italian speaking (Insurance background)
Salary: £30.000-35.000 depending on experience + medical and travel insurance + additional benefits.
Location: Central London
Our client is a well-established insurance broker based in central London. The team is now looking for an experienced IBA Reconciliation Clerk to join their team.
This role sits within the Finance Department which is managed day to day by the Financial Controller, but the role will report to the Financial Accountant.
The IBA reconciliation clerk is responsible for reconciling specific client ledgers in order to ensure the Company’s financial operations are effective and accurate whilst meeting regulatory requirements. It is expected that all cash movements are allocated within the month of receipt/payment and if it is not then a detailed analysis is required.
The role offers an insight into the other departments within the company giving them exposure to the insurance market which will help the candidate gain an understanding of the Company’s processes beginning to end.
Key Responsibilities of the role
- Daily monitoring of assigned ledgers to ensure receipts and payments are allocated against outstanding balances. This would require building and maintaining a good relationship with clients to ensure they are matched accurately and efficiently.
- Identify monies which cannot be allocated and investigate accordingly in a timely manner. This would involve liaising with clients/ brokers/technicians to identify any discrepancies and instruct/make the necessary changes to ensure monies can be allocated.
- Produce monthly aged debtor reports for assigned clients to chase for settlement and dealing with any queries the clients may have.
- Produce monthly statistics and a descriptive analysis of unallocated cash in relation to assigned clients.
- Review and reconcile legacy balances for completeness and take the necessary action to clear the balances.
- Perform other accounting/clerical duties to assist the department
Skills, knowledge and abilities
- Previous experience in the insurance field
- Be highly numerate, well organised and with strong attention to detail
- Competency in MS Office – Excel is essential
- A methodical and inquisitive personality
- Eager to learn
Please apply ASAP through the form below or send us your CV to email@example.com