Job Title: Head of Claims Italian speaking
Location: London – The City
Contract: F/T & Permanent
Salary: £40.000-45.000 + bonus and benefits
Our client is an established insurance broker based in the City of London. The team is currently looking for an Head of Claims. You will be in charge of managing the Claims department as well as junior team members.
- Supervision and Training of the Claims Processing Department staff;
- Making sure that the team is following up with all Claims Procedures in place;
- Providing advice, support and guidance to junior technical staff;
- Handling Cash in transit, Contractual Liability and open market claims (Claims bordereaux, settlements, ECF transactions, ECF queries, triangulations);
- Handling and adjusting Property Claims up to EUR 25,000;
- Authorizing Claims settlements;
- Liaising with Underwriters, Coverholders, Loss Adjusters, Auditors, Lloyd’s Milan;
- Liaising with Broking and IT Departments;
- Help and supervise in the production of monthly statistics on allocated facilities, as well as understand the performance of the facilities responsible for;
- Reporting on a weekly basis relevant claims to Head of Placement;
- Holding monthly meeting with the brokers and Head of Placement to share books performance and relevant information;
- Raising any concerns with the performance of the binder, including any of the associated parties, in a timely manner in the first instance to Head of Placement.
- Processing and monitoring claims, dealing with accounting issues and client enquires
- Broking claims files into the market, negotiating with insurers and loss adjusters to ensure best settlement for the client using the required systems: ECF, Class, Xchanging, DA SATS
- Reconciling paid claims to bordereaux
- Dealing with Bureau / XIS enquires
- Daily use of A&S systems
- Collection of funds via XCS
- Updating paper files and electronic data
- Preparation and processing of Coverholder and Third Party Administrator claims bordereaux for presentation to the Lloyd’s Market
- Preparation of triangulations and other statistics. Administering and analysing claim reports for Brokers within the company
- Interpreting and assessing policy coverage
- Managing diaries to ensure claims are handled proactively
- Maintaining required records, reports, and files in an organised manner and present these to senior management as and when required
- Liaising with the broking team, accounts department and senior management
- Monthly producing and distribution of both written and paid premium bordereaux.
- Ensure all premium and claims data is entered accurate, timely and correctly on both internal and external systems.
- Ensure a monthly payment is made to the Market regarding premium and all claims are collected timely.
- Production of monthly statistics on allocated facilities, as well as understand the performance of the facilities responsible for.
- Hold monthly meetings with the relevant brokers to discuss the relevant facilities and an any issues arising on these.
- Resolve queries raised by the account department to resolve unallocated cash or other account issues.
Please apply if you have experience in the industry.