Job Title: Financial Accountant Italian speaking
Location: West London
Salary: £40.000/50.000 + excellent benefits package, including medical insurance and much more.
Objective: To work as part of the Financial Accounting Team preparing monthly management and year-end financial accounts on a timely and accurate basis in compliance with relevant legal, accounting (US/ITA GAAP) and tax regulations. Working closely with the local (Italian), EMEA & US accounting/finance teams, as well as key stakeholders in varying business units.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Produce monthly management accounts (US/ITA GAAP) on Oracle.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Preparation of accruals and other journals resulting from the meetings with the relevant stakeholders.
- Comply with US GAAP and Italian GAAP filing requirements; adhering to requirements and reporting on differences between US GAAP & Italian GAAP.
- Produce month end variance analysis and commentary on assigned profit and loss lines and balance sheet with support schedules.
- Identify and highlight process/best practise improvement. Flexibility as the business evolves is a must.
- Participate as required in the preparation of the monthly VAT; assembling data for the monthly, quarterly and annual filings.
- Accounting support to the business for the respective area along with support in reviewing contracts.
- Manage the winding down of open manual PO’s and transfer any required information to Oracle.
- Review, record and report on internal process and the appropriate controls in place to remain compliant with Sarbanes Oxley (SOX).
- Support the annual external audit.
- Support the production of all required statutory accounts supporting schedules as required or assigned.
- Updates job knowledge by keeping current with financial regulations and accepted practices; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Organisational skills and ability to manage monthly deadlines
- Support Daily inventory reconciliations
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A degree in accountancy or related area of study.
- ACA / ACCA qualified or international equivalent, with at least 2-3 years’ post qualified experience.
- 3+ years accounting experience in large retail companies. (multinational an advantage)
- Sound knowledge of retail inventory (Inventory management systems)
- Sound knowledge of US GAAP accounting (Italian GAAP a plus)
- Strong double entry and book keeping knowledge is essential and a good understanding of management accounting.
- Strong systems skills. Oracle an advantage, Inventory management systems is required
- Intermediate level skills in MS Office applications, with advanced level experience of using Excel being essential.
- Ability to analyse large data sets with understanding and communicating the key message.
- Proactive, inquisitive and forward-thinking nature, with high motivation to take on new challenges and tasks
- keen to understand and improve systems and processes
- A positive and solution-focused attitude, with the ability to adapt and respond to the needs of the business
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Italian
Please apply asap via the form below or email us your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org