Are you a student looking to enrol in a university degree programme the United Kingdom? UCAS (Universities and Colleges Admissions Service) is the organisation who deal with the management of the admission and enrolment of students into universities in the United Kingdom. In the UK, it is mandatory to apply first to UCAS, and not to the universities of your choice if you want to enrol on to a degree programme. Each prospective student has the possibility of submitting applications for up to 5 degree programmes in different universities.
As part of the UCAS application process for an undergraduate degree programme (for postgraduate degree programmes, it is not necessary to register to UCAS), you will be asked to submit a personal statement. A personal statement is a written motivational letter where you should describe your personal expectations, competencies and skills, including your previous job experiences, if any, making your profile suitable for the degree programme that you have selected. The personal statement must include the following elements:
- What you want to study and why
- Work experiences, skills and subject you have studied in the past, explaining why they are appropriate for the degree programme selected
- Rewards and recognitions received
- Hobbies, interests and activities carried out in your leisure time, including all soft skills gained
- Why you intend to study in the United Kingdom and your level of English
You can write a maximum of 4000 characters (spaces included) and a maximum of 47 lines (empty lines included). If you need help in the drafting of your personal statement, our team will be happy to assist you.
What do our UCAS Personal Statement services include?
- Assessment of your competencies and skills
- A one-to-one meeting of 60 minutes with an experienced career advisor to understand how to make your personal statement effective and successful, and what examples you should use to highlight your skills and achievements
- Creation of your first draft
- Check you are happy with the first draft, after which we will send the personal statement to the proofreading team to make sure no grammar mistakes are present in your personal statement
- Increase in the chance of being admitted to your preferred degree programme
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed