Job Title: Senior Insurance Technician
Location: The City of London
Salary & Contract: £35.000/ 40.000 + benefits. Permanent contract, full-time.
About the role.
In addition to the duties of the Insurance Technicians, the Senior Insurance Technician role is to act as first point of contact for queries raised by other Insurance Technicians, mentor and assist them when required and advice Management on any issues and concerns along with suggesting resolutions to issues.
Day to day management of allocated risks managing their premium, claims, statistics, credit control and payments. Reporting to the Head of Placement, you are to provide timely and accurate information to internal Brokers & senior Management, Underwriters, Client Brokers and Loss Adjusters. Working on the internal broker system as well as distributing the information on the collective markets systems.
The duties are to include
- Premium processing of allocated risks.
- Ensure all premium and data is entered accurate, timely and correctly on both internal and external systems.
- Hold monthly meetings with the relevant brokers to discuss the relevant facilities and any issues arising on these.
- Resolve queries raised by the account department to resolve unallocated cash or other account issues.
- Advices and assist Junior Insurance Technicians on technical queries.
- Attend monthly meeting hosted by the Head of Placement ensuring all relevant forms are filled out before the meeting is attended.
- Assist the Management on any reasonable project or queries that request assistance for
- Drafting Binding Authority Agreements, Lineslips and Endorsements;
- Processing MRC Slips and Lineslip declarations;
- Drafting Profit Commissions (paid premiums signings, claims figures, calculations and presentation);
- Registration of Binding Authorities on BAR, Xchanging DA SATS, Company Database;
- Submission on Xchanging of Facilities and Open Markets;
- Releasing payments on Xchanging;
- Updating Atlas records when required;
- Liaising with Account Department finalised to credit control;
- Dealing with complex issues and queries from Brokers, Underwriters and Coverholders, Xchanging;
- Review and draft of IPIDs and additional IPIDs;
- Submitting written bordereaux to underwriters;
- Producing and sending out Term Life Debit notes;
- Collecting Term Life Return premiums from the Market
In order to be considered for this role, you must:
- Speak fluent Italian and English
- Have at least 3-4 years experience in a similar role
- Good communication skills
- Organised and thorough with the ability to prioritise accordingly
- General desire to work and grow in the insurance industry
If you are interested in joining a company where you can have career progression, please apply ASAP through the form below or by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org