Job Title: Operation Manager
Contract: Full-Time & Permanent
Our client offers fresh food made with excellent ingredients and an obsessive attention to detail. They deliver high quality in everything they do, and their food is sourced without compromise. The company is extremely successful and it’s now going through a massive expansion within the London area and internationally.
They are now looking for an Operation Manager obsessed with operation excellence, with great energy, commitment and vision wanting to work for a company at an exciting time in it development.
This is a pivotal role, instrumental in the development and growth of the flagship store under the leadership of its Founder. The primary objective is to drive the commercial success of the store, whilst operating within the company’s brand, ethos, culture and values.
The focus will be on bringing the strength and uniqueness of the brand ethos to the store, interpreting its philosophy to deliver the customer and team experience, and keeping the values of quality service and ‘no compromise’ at the heart of a commercially successful business.
Remit of the role
- The efficient, effective and smooth day to day running of the store
- Delivery of the financial and commercial results for the store in central London
- Leadership, motivation and development of a happy and performing team and their alignment and engagement with the company’s culture & values
- Supporting the development and opening programme of multiple stores by providing training at the main store for new managers and staff
- Plan, identify, communicate and delegate key responsibilities and practices to the store team to ensure smooth flow of operations across the store
- Display a ‘customer comes first‘ attitude by role-modelling legendary service
- Develop and manage the team, providing training and support to enable the team to be accountable for delivering legendary customer experiences in the stores
- Provide coaching and direction to the store team to take action and to achieve operational goals.
- Constantly review store environment and key business indicators to identify problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement
- Manage with integrity, honesty, and knowledge to promote the culture, values, and mission of the brand – in both day-to-day operations and also problem-solving situations
- Manage and motivate direct reports by regularly conducting performance reviews, providing feedback and coaching, and setting challenging goals to improve performance
- Challenge and inspire staff to achieve business results, encourage participation from staff in developing store goals and plans
- Communicate clearly, concisely, and accurately with the store team in order to ensure effective store operations
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with store team by understanding and addressing individual motivation, needs, and concerns
- Recognise and reinforce individual and team accomplishments and develop an environment where all partners are valued and respected
- Manage store staffing levels; leading recruitment, training & development to ensure the appropriate resources to deliver service and reflect the brand culture & values
- Monitor all cash handling and cash register functions to ensure accuracy and consistency
- Identify opportunities, plan for and achieve operational excellence in the store
- Constantly review store environment and key business indicators to identify problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement around quality and service – providing coaching to the staff and to take action and achieve operational goals
- Proactively manage and balance key levers contributing to controllable costs. Provide an input to the annual budgeting, sales and reforecast processes
- Build customer engagement by knowing the stores’ customer profiles and soliciting customer feedback. Use this information to understand and act upon customer needs
- Take accountability for adherence to legislation, compliance and employment practices; including but not exclusively employment legislation and health & safety legislation
- Visit competitor operations to keep abreast of developments and improve competitor advantage
- Package: Competitive salary and benefits package
- Location: central London
- Hours: The Operations Manager will be expected to work evenings and weekends as required to meet the needs of the business
The role requires an experienced Manager with a strong and deep appreciation of high quality Italian food and ingredients. Able to hit the ground running – with the drive, energy and headroom to grow and develop with the company.
Experience will have been gained in managing boutique, premium, concept restaurant chains; ideally with experience of the London market.
Additional qualities and capabilities
- A strong affinity with the philosophy behind the brand and the ability to interpret and lead this across the store
- Motivational leadership skills are essential – the ability to drive standards, engender loyalty and create a happy ship
- Experience of recruiting, training, coaching staff and managing the performance of the team
- Rounded operational management skills; able to drive efficiencies, develop processes and procedures and deliver commercial results. As the operational infrastructure needs to be built and developed, the Operation Manager will need to be comfortable working outside of a mature, corporate-style environment
- A high level of attention to detail, a commitment to excellence and ‘no compromise
- Italian language skills are highly desirable for this role
- A strong passion for food; ingredients, costs, kitchen operations etc
- Sound commercial know-how; an appreciation of the drivers affecting the P&L and cost-management skills (staff costs and other overheads)
- An exceptional ability to communicate and influence – with the team, with the Founder and other senior managers across the business
- Exceptional customer focus and passion for customer experience
If you are interested in this role, please apply ASAP to email@example.com or by filling the form below.