Job Title: Financial Controller (manufacturing experience is a must)
Location: central London
Salary: ££65.000/ 80.000 depending on experience + bonus
A global manufacturing and distribution business in the luxury cosmetic field is recruiting a Financial Controller to support the Global Operations team (procurement, manufacturing, logistics, sales) to distribute manufactured products globally.
Supporting the CFO and Operation team in delivering high quality management information, working closely with the Production and Sales team to deliver process improvements, detailed process costings and the development and maintenance of active standard costs.
It is essential to have hands on experience within a manufacturing or production environment. The role focus is operational accounting within a manufacturing environment ensuring continuous performance and profit improvement.
We are looking to interview candidates who can demonstrate controlling processes, analysis of performance to budget, variance analysis and drilling down and providing commentary and explanations when reporting variances such as price changes, exchange rate fluctuations, material costs changes or wastage. The appointed candidate will work with the CFO in improving company performance.
The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience of doing a similar role within a high volume manufacturing environment:
- Experience of a similar role within a Manufacturing environment
- Strong IT (Excel, Pivot, Macro) / Analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work without direct supervision, and prioritise your own workload
- Experience with Sage 200
- Good technical knowledge
- Leadership skills
Reporting directly to their Finance Director, this role requires working closely with the Purchasing and Production departments as part of the process improvement team. You will be in charge of ensuring that all manufacturing jobs are fully job costed and analysed, any margin variances to be fully investigated in the manufacturing area and reported for action on with the process improvement team.
This is also a varied role, where you will be responsible for all financial issues of the business (excluding payroll), typical duties include:
- Producing accurate and timely financial reports
- Preparing, analysing and reporting all manufacturing data, stock level, sales, margins
- Monitoring and controlling capital investment projects.
- Producing monthly, quarterly, annual budgets and maintain data up to date
- Ad-hoc reporting and modelling.
- Gross margin reporting
- Full variance analysis of PPV, WIP and Stock
- Stock reconciliations and control
- Development of new systems and processes
- Experience in management accounts, invoicing, PO’s, credit control, Bookkeeping, VAT, Tax returns, Balance sheets,
- Prepare monthly financial reports, ensuring processes are completed on a timely and accurate basis in accordance with financial reporting guidelines.
- Preparation of the cash flow forecast, supporting analysis and reconciliations, for inclusion in the monthly Finance report, and reporting of weekly cash balances.
- Play an active role in the development of financial reporting and the projects set up to deliver this to enhance overall financial control.
- Reconciliation of the investment portfolio and preparation of capital and income postings
- Maintenance and reconciliation of the fixed asset register, and preparation of depreciation and grant amortisation postings.
- Seek continuous improvement of financial accounting processes to enable the delivery of an efficient and stream-lined service, documenting changes to processes and procedures
- Production of the weekly portfolio/sales report.
- Production of monthly variance reports with detailed analysis.
- To gain a detailed understanding of the cost drivers in the business and to model alternatives as required to help drive cost out of the business.
- To participate in supporting the annual audit
- Proactively developing the ERP modules and reporting to facilitate a consistent single point of data entry.
- To drive continuous improvement in manufacturing process information and financial reporting.
- Process payments.
- Production of timely management accounts for multiple cost centers
- Supporting with budgeting and re-forecasting
- Cash flow analysis and re-forecasting on a weekly basis
- Analysis of production costs and margin analysis
- Reporting to the CFO you will be responsible for the accounting and reporting for the manufacturing operations and inventory and will be a key player in driving improvements in processes, reporting and systems.
- In addition to the preparation of the monthly manufacturing P&L to a strict timetable, together with in depth analysis of production and spend variances.
- Monthly WIP and inventory valuation and reconciliation to the general ledger ensuring that any differences are investigated and resolved in a timely manner.
- Maintenance of the standard costing system including cost roll-up for new and existing products ensuring these are accurate and consistent.
- Preparation of the annual manufacturing budget.
- Review and development of processes and controls relating to production and inventory.
- Support with the development of forecasting, reporting and ERP enhancements.
- Monitoring, analysis and reporting on the impact of price / cost changes within the business.
If you have all the required skills, please apply ASAP via the form below or by sending your email to firstname.lastname@example.org