Job Title: Legal Administrator Italian speaking
Responsible to: Practice Manager/Staff Partner
Required qualifications, skills and experience:
- An effective communicator having an excellent command, both verbal and written, of English and Italian.
- An efficient organiser with previous experience of working in a professional office.
- The capability to ensure that all the support functions of the office are maintained to a high standard.
- Excellent word-processing knowledge and skills and, preferably, trained in secretarial practice.
- Be trained to a high standard in the programmes used in the office and, when required, attend courses to maintain skills and progress personal development.
The prime role of the legal administrator, together with the legal cashier and the Practice Manager, is to provide support to the fee earners to enable them to operate at optimum efficiency and provide and maintain excellent client care. This will include, but not be limited to, the responsibilities below.
The legal administrator is expected to use a high degree of self-management and initiative with the ability to work calmly and methodically especially under pressure.
- To attend clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm’s standards for client care.
- To make appointments, arrange meetings, book courses, arrange travel and maintain and update office diary.
- To provide secretarial and administrative support as required to include drafting letters in English and Italian, preparing and finalising correspondence and documents for despatch and, in addition, liaising with the legal cashier, fee earners and clients in invoicing and effecting credit control both in writing and over the telephone.
- To maintain and update as required our website to include liaising with web designer and to monitor and manage, as necessary, social media links.
- To assist all staff with technical problems in respect of office equipment, computer software or office procedure.
- To open and distribute incoming mail and to prepare outgoing mail and enclosures for despatch.
- To prepare the Conference Room for client or office meetings and tidying and clearance of the room at the end of the meeting.
- To provide refreshments to clients when required.
- To order and maintain all office and stationery supplies and to ensure headed paper and office templates comply with both the Law Society regulations and the Lexcel standards.
- To maintain, update and keep check on deeds and documents contained in the safe and to maintain the list of documents held.
- To administer opening and closing files to include Accuity, Money Laudering and Lawyer checks, file storage, retrieval of client files in accordance with detailed procedures and liaising with fee earners and legal cashier in this respect.
- To undertake photocopying and scanning as required.
- To liaise with the Practice Manager in respect of maintenance, repair and purchase of office equipment and premises.
- To liaise with Practice Manager on maintenance of Office Manual, office precedents and templates.
- To undertake mailing to clients regarding changes in the client care conditions, newsletters and Christmas card distribution. To assist in marketing.
- To organise client receptions, including all invitations, guest lists catering etc.
- To organise Office staff functions and outings both social and for practice development
If you have all the required skills, please apply ASAP. Please note that candidates with NO UK experience, will not be considered for this role.