Job Title: IT Support
Salary: £25.000-35.000 depending on experience + benefits.
Our client, an insurance company based in the City of London, is currently looking to onboard an IT support colleague to support the business, on the IT related requests, and the Project Manager on multiple initiatives.
In your role, you will initially get involved in supporting different business requests to create new insurance products, reports, small tools and recovering incorrect situations. You will act as first line support for all IT queries providing ad-hoc practical guidance and assistance to colleagues on the operation of hardware and software liaising with our external supplier.
You will also be involved in some major projects to support the Project Manger to scope the activities, do technical analysis and scouting, understand and formalise business requirements and be involved in the test phases.
Among your duties you will keep updated the IT procedures and different logs to track the IT company assets.
You will preferably have previous experience in a similar IT support position dealing with support calls. Having a passion towards IT and wanting to grow in your role is key for this position, having recently completed certifications or education within an IT related subject will also be of interest.
- Strong knowledge of SQL to be applied to both MySQL and MS SQL databases.
- Strong knowledge of Excel (including pivot tables, and macro buildings through VBA).
- Knowledge of a programming language, i.e. C#, java, etc., is beneficial.
- Knowledge of Active Directory and Office 365 set up.
- Understanding of Project Management, functional requirement collection and formalisation.
- Analytical approach to any request with focus on the final result.
- Communicative and proactive attitude.
- Plan and prioritise activities accordingly to the deadlines.
Please apply ASAP if you are interested.