Job Title: General Manager & Practice Accountant Italian speaking
Salary: £46K-56K depending on experience.
Location: London, The City
Contract: Permanent & F/T
Our client is an established group existing for 25+ years and providing accounting, tax and corporate services in several international markets, including the UK, China, India, Italy, Switzerland, USA and UAE.
They are looking to recruit an experienced Accountant who can also act as a GM.
The ideal candidate would have at least 4 years’ experience in practice, in the UK, carrying out a varied range of tasks, including accounts preparation, VAT returns and tax computations.
The successful candidate will be ambitious and highly motivated, self organised and attentive individual with an excellent professional history.
The person will be reporting directly to the Director. This role can be an excellent opportunity for an experienced accountant wishing to progress their career to a truly progressive practice in a senior position.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Preparing working papers and annual accounts for sole traders and owner managed SMEs
- Prepare statutory accounts
- Prepare corporation tax returns for our clients with small-medium sized companies
- Building and maintaining strong client relationships
- Handled small business accounting with journal
- Review VAT returns and submissions
- Communicating with clients
- Liaise with HMRC on behalf of clients
- HMRC compliance
- Processing Journals and finalising Accounts
- Preparation of accounts and VAT returns for Sole Traders, Company and Partnerships
- Corporation tax submission
- Companies House admin
- Telephone and face to face liaison with clients including onsite visits.
- Other ad-hoc duties.
- GM duties – managing a team of 4 pp.
Required skills, experience and attributes:
- Experience within a general public practice setting.
- Previous experience in a similar position in a practice background is a must.
- Work confidently with various computer and accounting software such as Quickbooks and Xero.
- Up to date financial and tax regulations.
- Effective business communication and team working spirit.
- Quality assurance and customer care.
- Experience working within an accountancy firm.
- Good oral/written English skill and Italian speaking skills.
Please note the position is office-based. There is the opportunity to work from home 1 or 2 days a week but it’s important that the person will be physically in the office.
The attitude of the candidate will be equally important: enthusiasm, the ability to liaise with people, communication skills, and the determination to succeed are crucial to be considered for this role.
Please apply ASAP via the form below or send us your CV to email@example.com