Job Title: Demand, Purchase, Supply & Production Planner
Location: Central London
Salary: Depending on experience
About our client
An ever-growing international fragrance distribution company; this is a very well-known luxury brand. With offices near Paddington Station, the Londoner team is small (about 5 people); the job therefore requires someone happy to get involved in many aspects of the business.
You will be responsible for the day to day management of Planning & Purchasing activities, leading from A to Z the full process. The successful candidate will ensure that parts are brought to the correct specification and cost effectly, as well as delivered to third party manufacture on time. The successful candidate will be responsible to ensure the production process (part assembling, filling and conditioning) runs smoothly. You will be responsible for the raw parts as well as the finished product stock levels, ensuring that they meet the business projections and KPI’s. You must be able to demonstrate a strong planning bias and worked in an environment which operated a S&OP (Sales & Operation). Having a working knowledge of Master Planner Scheduling (MPS) would be a distinct advantage.
- Maintain records of goods ordered and received and ensuring that any errors are promptly corrected.
- Control the Purchasing Department budgets.
- Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Liaise with suppliers and manufacturers.
- Proactively interact with Sales, Quality and Finance managers.
- Issuing of purchase orders with suppliers, ensuring costs are maintained along with delivery times.
- Supporting the NPI (New Product Introduction) process and ensuring new products meet the NPI demands, including sourcing, supplier selection and QCD (Quality, Cost & Delivery)
- Monitoring stock to ensure forecast accuracy.
- Actioning and resolving of purchasing, stock, and freight related issues.
- Ensuring planned deliveries match and reflect the sales forecasts.
- Reviewing the stock levels to ensure the business meets its production plans whilst maintaining minimal levels of stock.
- Reporting monthly the KPI’s for the department, with action plans to address any adverse trends.
- Looking for ways to “add” value at every stage of the purchasing/planning process.
- Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
- Actively engaging in the cost reduction programs and targets set by the business.
- Ensuring all invoice queries are investigated and resolved.
- Compliance with all processes and procedures in place within the Purchasing Department.
- Visiting and auditing suppliers.
- Maintain a good working relationship with the supply base.
- Working with internal stakeholders to foster an environment of continuous improvements.
- Actively engage in the S&OP process.
- Ensure manufacturing is realised within agreed Standard Costs.
- Very accurate control of stock before and after production.
- Work closely with finance team on stock management.
- Plan work flow and schedules for production operations.
- Contribute to continuous improvement and IT projects to improve availability, reduce cost and obsolescence.
- Any other jobs around the factory that may be deemed necessary.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- Demonstrable problem solving skills
- MS Office knowledge must be good, especially Excel
- A working knowledge of manufacturing processes
- 3-5 years working experience in a “hands on” role, purchases, supply chain, logistics role – experience in the luxury cosmetics industry is desirable
- Good negotiation skills
- Good working knowledge of ERP / MRP system
- CIPS certified, desirable but not essential
- Experience in MRP II (Manufacturing resource planning)
- Working knowledge of the relevant modules within an MRP system
If you have the relevant experience / skills, please apply ASAP through the form below or by sending an email to email@example.com