Job Title: Collection Team Manager Italian speaking
Salary: up to £32.000 depending on experience
Contract: Full-time; starting ASAP.
This job offers lots of training and the opportunity to become a Branch Manager role in the short-medium term. Our client is a well-established group with 8 branches around the world and 500 employees in total. They specialise in credit consulting, management and debt collection.
The Brighton branch is a new project so we are looking for someone with a hands-on approach, happy to work in a start-up environment, with excellent problem solving skills to overcome any challenges you may encounter with little supervision.
Reporting to the International Manager, you will be in charge of the team – one junior member to start with (more people in the medium – long term); you will ensure and maintain the day to do day collections activities (inbound and outbound phone and email).
- Team management and supervision
- In charge of the daily collection activities
- Ensuring compliance at all times with the requirements of the FCA guidance regarding debt collections (including subsequent associated legislation) and treating customers fairly
- Managing customers who are resistant to agent contact by remaining polite, tactful, honest and firm
- Contributing to the effectiveness of existing collections strategies and provide feedback on how they can be optimised
- Overseeing all resource matters within collections and recoveries including recruitment, training and general HR matters
- Managing outsourcer relationships
- Achieve collections targets and KPI.
In order to be considered for this role, you must:
- Be fluent in Italian and English
- Have 3+ years of experience in consumer debt collections management
- Previous experience of managing a team of target driven motivated collection agents
- Proven experience in a phone-based collection role
- Excellent leadership skills: people management, communication skills, decision making; ability to motivate
- Be persuasive, persistent and self-motivated, but show empathy, assertiveness, tact and resilience;
- Prepared for a high-pressure environment;
- Tech savvy; in particular with Excel
- Problem solving skills and the ability to work well autonomously as well as in a team.
- Studies in Economics, Law, Political Sciences or Accountancy are highly advantageous
In return, you will be working in a progressive and dynamic environment, where ongoing training is offered and where there is lots of space for progression opportunities.
Please apply ASAP if you are interested in this opportunity.